The 3M™ Panel Bonding Adhesive is a two-part epoxy used to bond steel, aluminum, SMC, and FRP (traditional fiberglass). The primary use is to replace quarter panels, roofs, box sides, van sides, utility vehicle sides and door skins.
Seal and bond in just one process with 3M™ Panel Bonding Adhesive. Our innovative, high performance and cost effective adhesive bonds steel, aluminium, SMC and FRP (traditional fibreglass) during replacement of quarter panels, roofs, box sides, van sides, utility vehicle sides and door skins.
It can be spot welded through, or used in conjunction with, rivet bonds. In certain conditions, you can use it for bumper cover repair.
This product is not intended to bond structural components of a vehicle such pillars, rockers or frame members. If doubt exists as to whether a particular component is structural, then that component should be welded.
It’s recommended for application with 3M™ Manual Gun 08117 or 3M™ Pneumatic Gun 09930.
- A high performance two component epoxy adhesive
- Bonds a variety of steel, aluminum, SMC, and FRP (traditional fiberglass) non-structural components. Also use to reinforce welded or riveted structural components
- It can be spot welded through or used in conjunction with rivet bonds
- Corrosion inhibitors and glass bead technology to ensure bond line thickness
- Heat accelerated curing
- May be used on many plastic and composite substrates
- Glass bead technology protects against overclamping and maintains a minimum bond line thickness
- Has excellent shelf life opened or unopened, reducing unused product replacement costs
- Bonds a variety of steel, aluminum, SMC, and FRP (traditional fibreglass) non-structural components
- Also use to reinforce welded or riveted structural components
- Ideal for replacing quarter panels, roofs, box sides, van sides, utility vehicle sides and door skins
- Quarter panels and box sides
- Bumper cover repair
- For use on outer body panels only
- Not for use on structural components such as pillars, frame rails, core supports, or rocker panels (on unibody vehicles)
- Two recommended applicator guns. They are the MixPac® Manual Applicator 08117 or the MixPac® Pneumatic Applicator 09930