- 9.0 mil glossy black polyurethane tape.
- Thin and conformable tape is easy to apply and conforms over curved surfaces
- Commonly used for prevention of chafing of rivets on aircraft fuel cells and bladders
- Can be painted over, or applied to painted surfaces
- Acrylic adhesive adheres to a wide variety of substrates and retains a constant level of adhesion over time, yet removes easily when necessary
3M™ Polyurethane Protective Tape 8544 is a glossy black tape made from an abrasion resistant polyurethane elastomer that resists puncture, tearing, abrasion, ultraviolet light and erosion. 3M 8544 tape is commonly used for the prevention of chaffing from rivets on aircraft fuel cells and bladders.
Resists Minor Wearing, Abrasion and Tearing
3M™ Polyurethane Protective Tape 8544 is a glossy black thermoplastic polyurethane elastomer tape designed to provide premium leading edge erosion protection. The polyurethane tape offers minor scratch, tear, erosion and puncture resistance. It can also prevent chafing of interior parts. 8544 can be applied efficiently in aircraft and rotorcraft production and maintenance.
Our Best for Your Best
3M is proud to partner with organizations across the spectrum of aerospace and related industries. Enabling efficiencies, reducing process times and lowering aircraft weight is how we execute our never-ending mission to offer best-in-class adhesives, sealants, surface protection products and composite resins that effectively reduce costs on multiple fronts. Professionals across the industry know the numerous advantages of 3M Aerospace. Our brand is widely recognized for the highest standards of quality and performance, adding value to the final results. By engineering reliability, longevity and value into all of our products, we have a history of saving money by reducing waste, rework and time.