Durable, high performance, solvent-resistant, protection film, with a pressure-sensitive adhesive. It is applied as a protective overlay to signs made from 3M™ Diamond Grade™ DG3 Prismatic and 3M™ High Intensity Prismatic (HIP) Reflective Sheetings. Film is guaranteed for same number of years as the 3M reflective sheeting to which it is applied when screenprinted.
Developed especially for use on 3M™ Diamond Grade™ Reflective Sheeting, this protective overlay film is a barrier to staining by many types of graffiti, including spray paint, permanent markers, lipstick, etc.; promotional stickers used to deface signs can also be removed from this film.
- When applied as a protective overlay on retroreflective signs, the signs will have similar day-night appearance
- Barrier to staining by many types of graffiti or defacement, including spray paint, permanent markers and promotional stickers
- It allows easy cleaning of graffiti and removal of promotional stickers
- New signs must be clean and the process colours completely dry and hard prior to applying the film
- If applied on existing signs, sign surface should be cleaned with detergent and water, rinsed, and thoroughly dried prior to application
- To facilitate application, the film is provided laminated with 3M premasking tape.
- Transparent colours for 3M™ High Intensity grade reflective sheeting need not be clear coated prior to overlay film application.
- One of the following application methods is recommended: mechanical squeeze roll applicator, hand squeeze roll applicator or hand application.